You are here: Home About Roblon History

History


Activities today

Roblon A/S is characterised by a strong pioneering spirit and a determination to break new ground - innovative ideas are to be tried out and their viability tested. The willingness to make calculated risks and the open attitude to new approaches still typify Roblon's management and staff. Roblon continuously develops new products within the company's fields of competence - always alert to new needs which may arise in both existing and new business areas. As a rule, product development takes place in close cooperation with customers and partners.

 

2010

In order to place Roblon A/S as a joint company the structure of the organisation was changed. From consisting of three divisions (Lighting Division, Engineering Division, and Industrial Fiber Division) Roblon now acts as one company. A global business development function has been set up, while the common functions R&D, purchase, and production are supporting business development, whereas sale is managed for each product group separately.


2003

Roblon A/S moved to a newly built factory and headquarter in Frederikshavn. The new factory, which in future will be the main address of Roblon A/S, was primarily built for the former Roblon Fiber Optics (today Roblon Lighting). Besides Roblon Fiber Optics, the administration will also contain Roblon´s joint management, finance and EDP as well as the sales organizations.

 

1999

In order to secure a continuous good and positive development within all product areas the yacht lines product area was divested, since there was no growth potential for this product area under Roblon's control.

 

1995

Roblon acquired an existing company specialised in fibre optic lighting. Today this field of competence forms part of the Roblon Group under the name of Roblon Fiber Optics (today Roblon Lighting).

 

1986

Following a period of substantial expansion, Roblon A/S was listed on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange.

 

1978

In Saeby, a new factory was built to develop, manufacture, and sell machinery for the production of ropes and cordage. Roblon Engineering was born.

 

1964

A new plant was inaugurated and new business areas were established; Extrusion of man-made fibres and later on production of ropes and cordage.

 

1957

A new 200 sq.m. factory was built in Frederikshavn for industrial production of braided nylon lines. 1962 Roblon expanded and changed from a proprietary company to a limited liability company.

 

1954

The foundations of Roblon were laid when the production of cod ends for the fishing industry started in the northern part of Denmark. The net bags were made of nylon parachute lines from the English and American army surplus stocks.

   

 

  

 

  

 

  

 

  

 

  

 

   

 

 


Copyright © 2012 Roblon A/S. Read Disclaimer notice >