The world needs persistent fiber. That’s where we come in.
With more than 60 years’ experience of developing fiber solutions, Roblon has obtained substantial know-how about the properties of fibers. Founded in 1957 and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen, the Roblon brand is considered the very embodiment of endurance when it comes to enhancing fiber solutions for a wide range of industries.
High performance fiber is the key element of Roblon's DNA and it is the cornerstone of the company’s long success story. We made a name for ourselves early on using nylon fibers to make rope, later using more sophisticated fibers for numerous applications.
We are driven by development and supply of products that carry out an important societal purpose. Our most important task is to help our customers succeed whether the field is internet, telecommunication, oil and gas, wind energy or other important industries. Society depends on our products to do their job with precision and persistence. And Roblon accepts the challenge and performs.
Roblon is headquartered in Frederikshavn (Denmark) and has production facilities in Gærum (Denmark) and Hickory, North Carolina (USA).
A travel through the history of fibers
The company was established with the building of a factory for industrial production of braided nylon lines
Roblon expanded and changed from a proprietary company to a limited liability company
A new plant and new business area were established; Extrusion of man-made fibres and production of ropes and cordage
In Sæby, a new factory was built to develop, manufacture, and sell machinery for the production of ropes and cordage
Listing on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange
Acquisition of Roblon Lighting
Divestment of rope production
Roblon A/S moved to a newly built factory and headquarter in Frederikshavn
Production expansion in Gærum
Announcement of Roblon’s 2021 Strategy
Divestment of Roblon Lighting
Acquisition of Neptco FOCC and establishment of Roblon US Inc
Divestment of Roblon Rope-Making Equipment, part of Roblon Engineering
Expansion of US business and signing of three-year contract with Senvion Group
Mission, vision, strategy and financial targets
Roblon is a global, innovative company developing and supplying competitive high-performance fibre solutions and technologies to strategic customers who demand the highest quality, durability and safety standards.
Roblon aims to be the preferred supplier of high-performance fibre solutions and technologies for strategic customers.
The Group's strategy focuses on:
- Continually growing our sales drive targeting strategic key accounts
- Continually strengthening our product development and expanding our product offering in close collaboration with strategic key accounts
Roblon’s financial targets
The Group’s aim is to be able to achieve the following financial ratios, assuming normal economic conditions:
- Average annual revenue growth of at least 15%
- Average annual EBIT margin of at least 10%
- Average annual EPS growth of at least 15%
- Return on invested capital (ROIC) of at least 20% before tax
The Group expects to achieve these growth targets through a combination of organic and acquisitive growth. Roblon’s financial resources are adequate to achieve this.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Roblon considers corporate social responsibility (CSR) to be a natural part of the Group’s business principles and acknowledges a responsibility for the society which we are all part of.
Roblon has established a number of key CSR policies. Our customers demand a structured, managed CSR approach, which is a natural part of Roblon’s efforts to fulfil our strategy. Roblon collaborates with customers and other stakeholders to maintain a CSR policy and introduce measures to increase the Company’s value proposition. Recently, the Group launched a strategic project to support the development of a culture that encourages all employees to think even more in terms of improvement, and a formalised structure has been set up for the Company’s improvement efforts throughout the organisation. This structure and the use of improvement boards have generated more attention to and a sense of community around the improvement efforts. It is now even easier for individual employees to make suggestions and affect their own job and working conditions on parameters as occupational health and safety, product quality, process optimisation and waste reduction.
Human rights and labour rights
Committed, competent employees are key to the consistent and increasing competitiveness of a high-tech industrial enterprise like Roblon. Consequently, a good mental and physical working environment has a high priority.
Environment and climate
Roblon wants to be an environment-conscious company committed to ensuring an environmentally sound development through its activities, with due consideration for natural resources, statutory requirements and other relevant provisions. Roblon Industrial Fiber has been certified to ISO 14001:2015.
ISO Certificate 2017
Report on Management’s gender composition
Roblon believes that a diverse and varied staff composition, including gender composition, contributes to creating an innovative organisation and a positive working environment, which in turn helps improve competitiveness and profitability.
Policy for the processing and protection of personal data.
The policy should help to ensure and document that Roblon A/S protects all personal data in accordance with the terms of The General Data Protection Regulation. The policy will also inform you about the processing and use of the registered personal data.
1. Inventory of the processing of personal data
Roblon A/S processes the personal data of:
We have prepared a list of the processing of personal data. The inventory provides an overview of the processing of personal data that the company is responsible for. The data is mandatory for Roblon A/S to enter into employment, customer and supplier contracts.
2. The purpose and the legal basis for the processing
The personal data are processed and collected relating to:
- Personnel management, including recruitment, hiring, termination and payment of wages
- Master data for customers, as well as marketing, orders and sales
- Master data for vendors, as well as requisitions and purchase
We only use the personal data for those purposes and we only collect the information adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to safeguarding the purposes.
3. Storage and deletion of personal data
Roblon A/S has implemented the following general guidelines for the storage and deletion of personal data:
- Personal data is kept in physical folders.
- Personal data is stored in IT systems and on server drives.
- Personal data is only stored for as long as it is necessary in relation to safeguarding the purposes.
- Personal data on employees are deleted at the latest five years after their employment has ended, and the personal data of any applicants will be deleted within six months. Read more here:
4. Data security
Roblon A/S has implemented the following security measures for the protection of personal data:
- Only employees who have a work-related need for access to the stored personal data, have access to it either physically or through it systems with access management.
- All computers have password, and the employees must not leave their passwords to others.
- Computers must have a firewall installed and antivirus software, is updated continuously.
- Physical folders are stored in a locked office or in locked cabinets.
- Personal data processed in the physical folders are deleted by shredding.
- Personal data to the external recipients is sent by secure mail.
- All employees must be instructed in handling and protection of personal data.
Personal data about employees can be disclosed to public authorities, e.g. TAX and pension companies.
6. Data processors
Roblon A/S only use data processors, which can guarantee that they will implement the appropriate technical and organizational security measures for the fulfilment of The General Data Protection Regulation requirements.
Roblon A/S is responsible for the rights of the data subject, including the right to access, withdrawal of consent, rectification and deletion, and Roblon A/S informs the data subject of the company's processing of personal data. Data subject has the right to complain to Datatilsynet. For further information go to: www.datatilsynet.dk
8. Personal data breaches
Roblon A/S documents it, if there were to be breaches of personal data. In the case of personal data breaches Datatilsynet will be notified according to applicable rules.
In the following paragraphs it is explained how Roblon A/S will use the personal information, which you leave/or provide when you visit our website and use the various services on the website.
1. Collection of personal information
You will always be informed prior to the collection of personal information about you. The personal information we collect may include your name, your e-mail address and similar identifying information.
2. The use of personal data
Personal information is collected and used relating to:
- Signing up for newsletters
- Mailing of other marketing material, including invitations to events
We do note that the above-mentioned use shall only take place, if you have given your consent, unless the law allows that we may contact you without prior consent.
Your information will be deleted when we no longer need to process them for the achievement of one or more of the above purposes. The information can be processed and retained for longer in anonymized form.
You have the option to block all cookies, delete existing cookies from your computer or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. You can get more information about how to avoid cookies by clicking on this link: http://minecookies.org/
We have implemented security measures to ensure that our internal procedures meet our high security standards. We strive to protect the quality and integrity of your personal information in the best possible way.
You are at any time entitled to access the information which we process about you, however with certain legal exceptions. Furthermore, you have the right to object to the collection and the further processing of your personal information, just as you have the right to obtain rectification, deleting or blocking of your personal information.
6. Links to other websites, etc.
7. Change of information, etc.
If you want us to update, change or delete personal information which we hold about you, wish to get access to the personal data processed about you, or do not wish to receive further communications from us, or if you have questions to the above guidelines, you can contact us on email@example.com. You can also write to us at the following address:
Roblon wishes to be perceived as a well-reputed, development-oriented and reliable supplier whose services continually meet our customers' expectations.
Roblon is committed to complying at all times with relevant requirements set by our partners, including customers and authorities.
Roblon Industrial Fiber has been certified to ISO 9001:2015.
ISO Certificate 2017
Roblon realises its policy by:
- performing measurements of compliance with delivery times to the customers
- processing complaints efficiently and logging them as they occur
- recording and systematically following up on the number of ongoing suggestions for quality improvements
- carrying out customer satisfaction surveys
- setting requirements for for new suppliers by requiring ISO certification or approval via supplier audits and recording of and following up on supplier deviations
- performing systematic and focused entry, processing and exit controls